|Location: South Africa » Kwazulu Natal » Drakensberg » Southern Drakensberg » Sani Pass » Himeville|
Seaforth Country Lodge
Seaforth Country Lodge
On the Sani Pass Road Adjoining the Ukhahlamba / Drakensberg Park World Heritage Site.
Nestled deep in the Southern Drakensberg Mountains at the foot of the magnificent Sani Pass (the spectacular border pass to the Mountain Kingdom of Lesotho) lies Seaforth Farm.
The farm has been subdivided to create on the one side a conservancy of 360ha including Eland, Bush buck, etc. and other indigenous game and abundant bird life, whilst the remainder of the farm is still a working dairy farm of over 650ha.
There are 2 trout dams and 4.5kms of river frontage containing the less common Brown trout making it a fly fisherman's paradise. In addition there are stabling facilities for 16 horses and horse riding, Pony trekking and hiking or walking is a must on the numerous riding trails and paths or alternatively try our exciting quad bike tour up the pass.
We have various accommodation available from luxury suites including dressing rooms and ensuite bathrooms on either Dinner, Bed & Breakfast basis or simply Bed & Breakfast basis in the 100 year old stone built Lodge.
Superb views from around the farm, sundowner verandas, snow and cosy lounges with open fireplaces in winter.
Children can encounter the farm animals at close quarters, see cow's being milked by hand and feed chickens and collect the eggs, whilst sheep wander amongst the cottages. There are spectacular views of the mountains and the tranquil landscape of the Southern Berg.
4x4 trips into Lesotho via the spectacular Sani Pass are available and hiking to see the bushman paintings, the original san art adjoin the farm within the World Heritage Site and can be reached on foot from the farm.
Bed & Breakfast
The beautiful farmhouse built of local stone, is over 90 years old. Recently restored, it sleeps eight in four double rooms all en suite. Lunch and dinner are provided on request.
The house is positioned on a rise, overlooking the Nkomazana River and a dam. From every window there are magnificent views across the formal gardens to the little and main berg. The deep verandahs and courtyard invite you to drink in the peace.
Two farm cottages have been refurbished and decorated as superb self-catering accommodation.
A three-bedroom cottage with one ensuite bathroom and one shared bathroom. Sleeps 6-8.
One bedroom cottage with a shared bathroom. Sleeps 2-4.
- All linen provided
- Snuggle up to fireplaces and anthracite stoves in the cottage kitchens in cosy winter months
- Fully serviced daily
|Contact Details: |
Tel: 086 127 6237
Int. Tel: +27 51 924 0585
Seaforth Farm's magnificent location makes it a great base for exploring the Drakensberg:
Seaforth has stabling for twelve horses, paddocks and polo fields, making it the ideal accommodation for polo players competing in Underberg.
- 4 x 4 trips into Lesotho via Sani Pass
- Hiking: farm rambles along footpaths to picnic sites or high berg escarpment challenges
- Farm activities for children
- Fly-fishing on 2 trout dams and 4.5km of river with a spectacular waterfall and deep pools
- Horse riding on the farm's riding trails
- Bushman paintings can be reached on foot from the farm. Guides can be arranged
- Quad Bike Tours up the Sani Pass are based at Seaforth
Seaforth is close to:
- Farm stalls for fresh produce
- Underberg Country Club: golf, squash, swimming
- Himeville Tennis Club
- Sani Pass Hotel & Golf Course
- Pubs, Restaurants and shops in Underberg and Himeville
- Superbly Appointed Bed & Breakfast.
- All linen provided.
- Fireplaces for cosy winter months & anthracite stoves in cottage kitchens.
- Hiking for the more serious or walks for the less ambitious - panoramic views of the Berg and farm.
- Enjoy the farming experience at first hand.
- Horse Riding & Pony Trekking.
- Dinner & Breakfast provided on request.
- Near Bushman paintings & many other guided walks.
- Quad Bike Tours.
- Sani Pass.
- Southern Drakensberg walks and hikes.
- World heritage site Parks Board Resorts.
- 'Berg Resorts.
- Over night horse riding trails.
- Farm stall for fresh produce.
- 4x4 tours up Sani Pass.
- Underberg Country Club - golf, squash, swimming.
- Himeville Tennis Club.
- Adjoining Sani Pass Hotel & Golf Course.
- Pubs and Restaurants in Underberg and Himeville.
- big game onsite
- bowls (less than 5km)
- braai / barbecue - onsite
- canoeing (less than 5km)
- conference venue onsite
- DSTV in communal area
- DSTV in room
- fishing (less than 3km)
- fishing onsite
- game drives (less than 30km)
- golf (less than 5km)
- horse riding onsite
- kitchen (fully equipped)
- lake onsite
- laundry facilities onsite
- microwave in unit
- nature trail onsite
- parking all onsite
- pets allowed
- private entrance
- restaurant (less than 5km)
- rock art (less than 20km)
- tea / coffee making facilities
- television in communal area
- tennis court (less than 5km)
- tumble dryer onsite
- washing machine in unit
- washing machine onsite