|Location: South Africa » Kwazulu Natal » Natal Midlands » Midlands Meander » Lidgetton|
Lythwood Lodge Hotel / Lodge accommodation in Lidgetton Kwazulu Natal
DescriptionWelcome to the Lythwood Lodge web site. We hope that you will enjoy perusing the site and find something that will interest you sufficiently to visit us at some future date. We believe that we offer the casual visitor, the conference attendee or the wedding guest a venue that provides true peace and tranquility supported by personal service that is the equal of any top international establishment.
We believe in excellence and the National Grading Council's award of five stars is a reflection of that policy.
Lythwood is positioned 23 kilometres from the main N3 highway linking Durban and Johannesburg and is right in the middle of the well known craft area known as the Midlands Meander. The property is set right at the end of a beautiful valley on 110 hectares (276 acres) with the Lion's River at one end and an amphitheatre of natural forest at the other.
Ambience As a five star graded hotel, visitors can expect a high standard of luxury in all areas of the hotel and superb service from our Zulu staff. Our cuisine which only uses local ingredients has received much acclaim for its quality and variety of taste and the lodge's wine list is recognised as being one of the finest in Natal. This is very much a hotel that is owned and managed by a family familiar with five star standards and expectations.
Lythwood Lodge reflects elegance and opulence in each of its rooms, and offers:
Lythwood is a luxurious estate that has been graded a five star hotel by the Tourism Grading Council of South Africa.
- Thirty Two double rooms with en-suite bedrooms (eight part of the main hotel, twenty four adjacent)
- A main formal lounge, seating 20 guests comfortably,
- An intimate meeting lounge (or ballroom), seating 16,
- A library & conference room,
- The P.O.S.H. Bar, Port Out Starboard Home
- An outside courtyard,
- Two patios, and a
- Large baronial dining room that will seat up to 50 pax and has alcoves for the romantic dinner.
It is set amidst an ampitheatre of mountains covered by indigenous forest. Offering exceptional cuisine, warm hospitality and attention to detail, Lythwood is the ideal place for executive conferences. Teambuilding is a speciality.
Activities include walking, trout fishing and historical and cultural tours of the area. For the ladies a special beauty treatment facility.
Lythwood is 1 1/4 hours driving from Durban and 4 1/4 hours from Johannesburg.
Lythwood's new conference centre offers you:
• Magnificent conference rooms • Beautiful views over the surrounding countryside • State of the art technology • Absolute peace and tranquility
Our bedrooms are of the highest standard. All rooms have en-suite bathrooms, one of which is wheel-chair friendly. Each room is individually furnished with carefully selected mahogany furniture and decorated with artwork by local artists.
Lythwood has the following rooms:For additional accommodation:
7 x double rooms
25 x twin bed rooms Maximum Number of delegates in single rooms = 32
Maximum No of delegates in sharing rooms = 57
In the immediate area there are a number of very good bed & breakfast and self catering establishments which conform to stringent Midlands Meander standards.
It will be our pleasure to assist you in sourcing additional accommodation.Should delegates be accommodated at B&B facilities, Lythwood will arrange a "taxi" service.
|Contact Details: |
Tel: 086 127 6237
Int. Tel: +27 51 924 0585
The advantage of being situated on a 275 acre estate, is that it lends itself to many options for team building activities. We have access to a number of Facilitators who are able to create some fascinating group activities. For further information, please contact our co-ordinator, who will be only too pleased to assist with ideas.
Conference Activities Available
Prices on Request
Inside Events :
- Salon Treatments
- For the ladies, enjoy a Swedish massage, aromatherapy, pedicure, manicure or facials
- Talks can be arranged with various specialists on medicinal herbs, cooking and skin care (Costs vary)
- Revelations of Africa culture by an anthropologist and a sangoma
- Whisky tasting - try some whiskies from around the world
- Wine tasting through Franschhoek, Constantia, Robertson Valley, to name a few (From R55 per person - minimum number 20 pax)
- Cabaret - parodies or sketches
Outdoor Events :
- Hot air ballooning as an incentive or prize
- A braai lunch down by the river - about 25 minutes walk one way (R55 per person)
- A Victorian lunch or sundowners on the hill at the top of the property - about 45 minutes walk one way mostly through indigenous forest. For the less able take a tractor ride up to the top (10 pax - R400 return)
- A potjie cooking competition - a good ice breaker
- Croquet on the lawn outside the lounge
- Trout fishing in the dam or the river for those who want to be on their own - R65 rod free and you may buy your catch at R65 per kg.
- If you have a day or more to spare, take advantage of visiting the various exciting places on the Midlands Meander - some of the arts are superb
- Boshhoek, Sakabula or Victoria Club are golf courses that are about 30 minutes away
- Night Sky's - Astronomical slant to your conference
- Laser shooting - safe and a lot of fun
- Horse whispering on a nearby farm. This is an unusual and wonderful way for people to interact with animals
- Hovercrafting and Quad-biking can be arranged
Lythwood Lodge is committed to a high standard of personal service. To enhance your visit we offer the following facilities & services. However, as a small luxury hotel we know that our service goes way beyond this short list:
- Laundry service (but not dry cleaning),
- Shoe cleaning,
- Deposit box for valuables,
- All meals, including a sumptuous breakfast, casual lunch and a five course a la carte dinner,
- Room service for meals and drinks,
- Fly fishing rods for guests who wish to catch a trout,
- E-mail & facsimile services as well as other office services,
- Local and Digital Satellite Television,
- Covered parking,
- Daily car cleaning service,
- Bar & food service by the swimming pool,
- Picnic hampers,
- We can arrange transport from and to Durban and Pietermaritzburg airports,
- A daily newspaper on request,
- The Peacock families personal attention, supported by a caring Zulu staff, and
- Peace & tranquillity
a Dream Wedding in a Five Star VenueThis Simply Stunning Five Star Venue enjoys a reputation that offers you...
Lythwood Lodge nestles in the hills of the mystical Natal Midlands and is situated on a 275-acre estate, bordered by the Lion's River and Natural Forest in the form of an amphitheatre.
Lythwood is located within a 4½- hours drive from Johannesburg and only 1¼-hours drive from Durban. We strive to provide a level of service that will be remembered by you and your friends for a very long time.
- A luxury salon
- Superb cuisine
- Tranquil surroundings
- Warm hospitality
- Beautiful upmarket accommodation
- Impeccable service and attention to detail
- A charming chapel
- An elegant reception room
- And above all - affordability!
Tea/coffee/muffins on arrival
Mid morning & afternoon interludes - Tea/Coffee/Fruit Juice, Homemade Scones and Cake
Three course luncheon
Use of conference room and break away rooms
Basic equipment (TV, VHS, OHP, Screen, Sound Equipment, Flip Charts, White Board and Laser Pointer)
24 Hour Package
Lunch, dinner, Breakfast, Accommodation and 2 x interludes - Tea/Coffee/Fruit juice and Homemade Scones and Cakes.
Use of conference room and break away rooms
Basic equipment (TV, VHS, OHP, Screen, Sound Equipment, Flip Charts, White Board and Laser Pointer).
The above rates exclude commission.
Should a client wish to hold a conference at Lythwood for three nights or more with a minimum of 25 Single delegates or 35 sharing an adjusted rate per delegate may be negotiated.
| || || || || || || || || |
|Meeting Rooms || || || || || || || || |
|Room Name || ||Capacity || || || ||Dimensions ||Area |
| ||U-Shape ||School Room ||Theatre ||Banquet ||Length ||Width ||Height ||m2 |
|Endebeni ||40 ||50 ||60 ||50 ||14 ||7 ||4.5 ||98 |
|Ibhubesi ||10 ||16 ||12 ||10 ||6 ||4 ||3.5 ||24 |
|Khaya ||110 ||225 ||300 ||200 ||21 ||14 ||4.5 ||294 |
|Rates: Conference and Accommodation rates on application. || || || || || |
| || || || || || || || || |